Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 1.6 TDCi - Knocks after 2700rpm
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108217
What I Drive: 2006 1.6 TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 Carl0s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well well, after pocking hang-overed brother whit a stick (he's manager on automotive shop that i use as a garage) i got to the garage planing on doing the leak-off test.

I washed the enginebay on wednesday, and havent realy looked under the bonnet after that. Well, gotted the car in, popped the hood and took an eye on the injectors... No need for leak off test. Injectors 1 & 3 were wet from the root, and injectors 2 & 4 were dry ( pics: http://imgur.com/a/32CIS - the numbering starts from the cam belt side).

So, skipped the leak-off test and were planning to check the turbos oil-pipe mesh... but in order to get our hands on it, it seems like you need to take the turbo and exhaust manifold of. But, the on the upper end of the feeder pipe, all looked good. There was oil, and it looked pretty much same as on the dipstick. Also checked the mesh on the vacuum pump, and it was clean.

So, i guess next step is to get the seal kit from the dealer, and mondeospares sayd theyll be in contact if they can get theyr hands on for a propper set of 1.6tdci injectors.

That leaves me for coding? What would be the ideal way? buy my own ForDiag, FSuper, FO-COM or change the injectors, hope it starts and drive it to dealer?

EDIT: Forgot, as you can see, someone has allready done something to the injectors since they are all numbered... Would be nice to know what it might been. The car has full Ford service record, but there is no mention on the book that theyve mendled whit the injectors (but there is notes like "wheel bearings changed etc etc)

EDIT2:

Or what do you think? Should i just buy the seal kit, and clean the injectors, witch saves me from recoding them (i got industrial ultrasonic cleaner at work that i could use to clean em) or buy new used set?

Last edited by Carl0s; 01-12-2013 at 05:05 PM.