AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I don't understand some people's acceptance of the lackluster build quality and engineering . Ford loves people like that....by saying it's not aLexus....wtf . Oh well it's your money and if you enjoy living with the vehicle's shortcomings...so be it. If I bought a tv and it looked like sheet ..... I would return it! Spend almost 30 grand and accept it...I think not!
I never said the car suffered from lackluster build quality and engineering. Quite the opposite, I think the build quality is robust and the engineering phenomenal for a $25k car. That is why it is one of the top selling cars in the world right now. But it is not a $50K car, and to have the expectations of build quality and engineering that come with a $50K car in a $25K car is delusional. Sure there are defects and dealer customer service issues, but a lot of what I read on here, not everything, seems to be from people who bought a Focus and think it should be the same as a Lexus, well it is not, but in reality it is pretty close.