Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What is the problem with my svt focus?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
SrDudley
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100058
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZX5 EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SrDudley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
If ALT was bad enough to cause a power issue when you turned it off it wouldnt of cranked back

If fuel filter was bad the problem would still be there after you restarted the car

If O2 sensor was bad you would get a O2 CEL and after 4-6 min would fail to closed loop and run good again , I like the advance and bosch o2 sensors and have used hundreds of them with maybe 3-4 bad ones but they have a years warranty (think ford does to) and easy to replace

My guess is the VCT either sticking or going bad , unplug the VCT solenoid and do a very short drive (50-100 feet will tell you) and see if it feels the same loss of power , when unplugged you will loose about 30-40HP right off the bad

I am not trying to shoot any ones ideas down when trying to help just running them through my mind and trying to save him time and money from changing a lot of things out

Tom
Didn't happen in my case just saying I actually got a code that was for a faulty iacv when I had the bad Bosch o2 sensor. And I'm not taking offense or anything glad to hear it was just a bad sensor and got my money back anyway so no biggie. And it wasn't a stored code it was a pending code after I did a little datalogging around my neighborhood found the o2 sensor was the problem. And replaced and was back to normal and I had it running and driving for at least 10 mins at a couple points without it correcting itself... Maybe just a freak case but was what it was.