Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #15
fomenter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107937
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fomenter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have mix feelings about my transmission. My 2013 Focus SFE (only 640 miles, purchased last saturday) does not always make the grinding noise(hear/feel very little ) but it is still there. It hesitates some in acceleration from 1st to 2nd gear. Does it bother me alot? Probably not.. I will get used to living with the grinding noise anyway..

(I'm not quite sure if have the latest update though, since the manufacturing date of my vehicle is 12/12)

This shifting reminds me my family's 2009 Honda Civic . The civic is equipped with an I-shift transmission which jerks into gear constantly. It also hesitates when it accelerates. I took the vehicle to a honda service (in Europe) and claimed that the transmission needed an update or something. They rejected my notion by saying that all my symptoms are the characteristics of an i-shift transmission. Believe it or not. if you happened to drive that car, you would have gone crazy and worshiped your focus by heart..

I've owned more than 80 cars/SUVs (don't ask me how), you name it... Let me tell you this, focus is one of the best on my list along with Solara, S40, ACURA RL. In fact, I love my focus due to its similarity to Volvo S40 series. To make the long story short, Focus is a nice compact car which handles great at high speeds and though road conditions. The gas mileage is fantastic (37.5 Mpg, 80% highway 20% city).