Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Finally Working!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
beatmaniac1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90996
What I Drive: 2003 red svtf

FF Reputation: 2 beatmaniac1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Damn ! I just have been through positivevibez thread and I was discouraged by all it took him to get is car right . I bought a svtf a month ago and I already have encountered a couple of problems that were not existent when I test drove the car clutch is beginning to slip, thermostat housing had to be changed, tranny starts to grind a bit when shifting, had ignition problems and the motor seems to burn oil. I was told by another member local forum member who went to buy the car that the it ran low on oil so i'm now getting paranoid for every sound that might be coming front the front of the car. I'll get the car into a garage to make a compression test and oil change-up, is there anything else that I can inspect to determine whether or not the motor has suffered from mistreatment ?

It as around 250K km on it so I dont expect great compression numbers , but what would be good compression numbers from a svt ? Apart from the 10% max between cylinders.. And is there a way to know if the bearings are toasted ? (beside the knocking sound they produce when it's too late )

Thanks for the replies !! This side of the border, nobody seems to know about the svtf's