Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Ford, you listening?

Since many of the issues have been in the software, I think Ford would be smart to offer at least two distinct setups. If I had stopped at DCT V3.0, I may have said extremely satisfied. But when the dealer installed DCT V4.0, which in my observation made D more like S and S more like D. I liked it when D was gauged toward hypermiling, and S was much more aggressive than it is now. In D with V3.0 all I had to do was just move the accelerator pedal a little further and I could have the D that I am stuck with all the time now with V4.0. And in S with V3.0 it seemed to hold lower gears longer and was much more aggressive with the downshifts when slowing for corners. It used to be with V3.0 when I was up in the canyon, I could just leave it in S auto and was satisfied. Now I frequently have to go to select shift to get the results I used to get in S auto mode. Why make it one size fits all when one size doesn't fit all, and it would be real simple to outline the characteristics of two different options and let the consumer choose which setup they wanted to have in their car. If you sell the car, the new owner can change it to the other option if they want. It is just a software update.