Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT in the 2013 models - big improvement?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #32
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
You'd think with the TCM recall, they'd have added a DTC for "excessive clutch slipping" or something so that at least we don't look crazy when we go to the dealers.
Yep, I mentioned that a long time ago.

If my DCT's clutch is coated in oil and slipping... an error code should be thrown.

The ECU and TCU shouldn't conspire to render the car completely gutless. That's what mine was doing. It drove OK except for the soft launches and the fact that the computer was always giving me a fraction of the power I was requesting, to avoid slipping the clutch. It was a real dog.

The computer KNOWS the clutch is slipping... but it has been programmed to work around it instead of throwing an error code. I'd like to know why turning the car into a gutless hunk of crap is preferable to alerting the driver to an obvious mechanical fault.

The software in these DCTs leaves a lot to be desired, and if I could go back to the firmware mine left the factory with, I would. Of course that's not an option.