Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #1773
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
At least some of you have at least gotten parts replaced.
I did! And they were either defective or installed incorrectly. Maybe both.

Getting them (correctly) replaced a second time proved to be an impossible task for me. One that I eventually gave up. My CSM would just tell me that a Ford dealer first has to diagnose the problem, and the dealer would just say they couldn't duplicate the problem, or that it was normal, or (paradoxically!) both.

I simply could not get her to have the TSB that started my problems done again at another dealership. This is the sort of thing that can happen when your CSM is loyal to 'their' dealership instead of their customers. Again I say that Ford needs to change this.

I have worked in IT support for a very, very long time. I can tell you firsthand that when a tech is assigned to support a particular application or piece of hardware, it changes their outlook. They start seeing users with problems as something to be defended against, instead of people in need of assistance.

Customer service representatives should be _representing customers_ with the goal of delivering service. They shouldn't be defending "their domain" against people with legitimate issues.... but that's what they did to me. I was completely stonewalled from the moment I said "I think your dealership screwed my car up." Little did I know that for the person I was speaking to, it really was 'their' dealership.