Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2.0 sohc will not start
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
focusonfast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108390
What I Drive: 2003 black ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 focusonfast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2.0 sohc will not start

hello everyone i hate to just sign up and have to post a problem but i didnt know where else to turn. i have a 2003 focus se with the 2.0 sohc. it has been overhauled and has the head repair done. i have put about 20,000 miles on it since then with no problems but yesterday it would not start. i checked for codes and there are none. i checked for spark and it is good. the fuel pump runs for the two seconds like it should. i have a manual but its not too good because it covers all engines. it says to check fuel pressure with a gauge on the rail but the spi does not have a port on the rail so what i did was dissconnect the fuel line at the rail and turned the key on. for the two seconds it shoots gas like six feet so i kind of rulled out the pump and the filter but it sure acts like a fuel problem because it tries to start at times like its getting a little fuel sometimes. then i thought maybe a pressure regulator but found out it has no reg just a sensor on the rail so i checked the connections on it and made sure the vac line had no fuel in it. so i thought maybe a timing sensor but i used my cheap code reader and can see rpms while the engine is cranking so i ruled that out. thats about all i know to do so i was hoping someone could tell me where to go from here like maybe some way to see if the injectors are getting a signal to open or if it could be that pressure sensor on the rail but i would think it would at least start...thanks for your help...ron *ok went ahead and did a compression test. it has good comp and even on all cylinders**

Last edited by focusonfast; 01-12-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: more info