Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Lucky I guess? 50K+ never been in the shop for repair, Focus performs perfectly.
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #31
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 534, Level 10
Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10 Points: 534, Level: 10
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YTBrown View Post
This is exactly what's happened in mine. Nothing a little fine grit and touch up paint can't cure.
I wish I could show you the picture the service writer took of mine before it was replaced. It had many razor sharp edges lifting up. Not the sort of thing you fix with touch-up paint.

Of course, the replacement part seems to be doing it again, but not nearly as bad. Maybe I should break out the nail polish and paint it over before it fails completely... because that's the sort of thing you should have to do on a new car. It's probably my fault for putting my hands on the steering wheel, anyways... LOL.

I had a 1977 LTD when I was a kid and it had a similar problem with the fake chrome on the gearshift lever. I wrapped it in masking tape. You'd think that in 30-some years Ford would have figured this one out, but I guess not.

Come to think of it, when my airbag module with the razor sharp peeling trim on it was was replaced, it was the only time I got my car back after a dealership repair without new problems.