Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What every Focus owner needs to know about the Ford Pinto
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Blue View Post
You lost me as soon as I read "all manufacturers try to avoid covering warrantable items if they think they can get away with it." Not sure what your background is (automotively speaking), but in the/my service advisor world, we get paid either warranty or customer pay for work. Anything I can "legitimately" bill the manufacturer for, I certainly will. A no problem found is generally a lose/lose deal. That line of thinking runs right up there with people who think cash gets them a better deal buying a new car.
Understood. I think the difference is that while you as the service advisor/dealer may have an incentive to bill whatever you legitimately can collect on, the manufacture holds the purse strings. That I believe is the disconnect. The consumer wants the car fixed, the dealer wants to collect the money for the repair and the manufacturer wants to minimize warranty claims to the maximum extent possible.

As a service advisor, I would be very interested in hearing about your experience with customer complaints about DCT problems and how the manufacturer responded when authorizing the repairs.