Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Automatic Climate Control Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpostman View Post
I have a 2012 Titanium with the digital automatic climate control. The system was working perfectly since day one until 3 weeks ago when I did not drive the car for 11 days. Usually when I press auto, the fans come on with hesitation (maybe after a minute so the blowing air is not freezing). Now if the vehicle is not driven say the entire weekend, on Monday morning when I press auto I do not get any fans coming on even at full operating temperature. The display on the climate control is on bu even at full operating temperature, no fans are blowing air. To get the fans on, I would have to manually adjust the fan speed. If I press auto after getting the fans on manually, everything works fine. I took the car into the dealer last week and of course they could not repeat the problem since it only happens when the car is not driven for a couple of days. They said everything was fine according to the tests they ran and that the fans will not come on immediately since the air is cold. This I knew. I video taped the problem earlier this week when it occurred to show the dealer when I go in next week. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea what it could be?
try dropping it off for a weekend?