copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
It's odd to see them unveil the release of the AppLink API at CES when so many models are going to be offered with MFT and that still not only does not have AppLink, but also is just not 100% there yet. It's getting better and better, if only we had 3.5.1 and still had the original look of the system with the added abilities it had.
I totally agree and it struck me as strange as well. Not getting Applink for MFT feels like getting punished for paying extra for a supposedly higher-end system. That on top of everything that has been removed with all of these updates is kind of insulting.

I know we have some rudimentary steering wheel control over things like streaming music apps that reside on our phones and I've only given a cursory glance at some of the articles about Ford's visions for app integration into Applink but it seems like some of their ideas for non-music apps would require Applink. Doesn't seem like they could be controlled, even in a basic form, simply running off the phone. Again though, haven't looked into it that much.