Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2006 Focus ZX3 chiming after startup?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,103, Level 97
Points: 27,103, Level: 97 Points: 27,103, Level: 97 Points: 27,103, Level: 97
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
To check all your LEDs (which is what the dash lights are now) first put the electronic odometer into "Test mode" like this: Key OFF, press and hold odometer reset button, continue to hold reset button, turn key ON. Wait until electronic odometer reads [test], then release reset button. Now every time you press and release the odo reset button you'll scroll through one of 30 test functions. The [LeDs] is the 3rd one if I recall correctly. Anyway, you'll know it when you reach it because all the dash lights will come on- even if you don't have that particular function (like traction control) installed in your car. This is different than what Elsolo suggested because watching when you turn the key on will only show the lights associated with your car's installation. Of course, those turn off quickly, and there's no way to test if one is missing if you don't know where it is. In test mode, the leds will stay on unless you turn the key off or press and release the odo reset button to scroll to the next test mode.

I do not have much faith in "title search" services. I'm sorry, I hope your experience is different, but an accident has to be reported for it to show up on a title search. There is no law, in my state, that requires body shops report repairs to any agency.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.