Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Based Lincoln in the works?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #17
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Anyone want to guess its really just the 2014/2015 Focus midcycle refresh instead? the headlamps look to be blending in more fusion traits rather than giving off any tell tale lincoln cues. The MK-C was supposed to be the lincoln based 3 door Focus hatch before it got changed into a five door Lincoln Escape.

Those Projectors also look like the ones from the ST3 or the FFE also, so I'm really not seeing any Lincoln here.

There was initially going to be a Mercury Focus but that got scrapped with the death of Mercury also.
either way, its too early to tell but your speculations sound plausible just the same as the lincoln focus at this point. Which both sound like they could be good..

While we are speculating, I could see them doing some upscale things with the focus. Add heated/cooled perforated leather seats, front/rear. Possibly pairing an auto with either the 1.6l ecoboost and 2.0 ecoboost as options. The 1.6l can put down 180hp, so i could see that being used.

Dual pane moonroofs, some wood accents, couple more safety features, wheel/suspension improvements.