Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Sunroof 'exploded' on my commute home
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
NerdKaiser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108351
What I Drive: 2012 Red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 NerdKaiser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Focus - Sunroof 'exploded' on my commute home

Hi everyone,

So...I've been using this forum as a good reference for my 2012 Focus (which I've been really happy with) but I hadn't considered creating an account since I'm not much of a car person and felt like the whole transmission update situation was best left for the, ah, experts and gear heads to hash out.

However, I did have a really scary thing happen to me on my [short] commute home from work tonight- my sunroof just exploded! I don't know how else to describe it...I was cruising down the road at around 65mph with the nearest car way ahead of me in the distance when I heard an extremely loud explosion noise and realized I was covered in glass.

Fortunately, I wasn't hurt and was able to get it to a friend's garage since it was about to start raining when it happened. Upon looking closely at the car, I see the paint across the trunk is really beat up from the glass too :(

I called my dealership and the service manager seemed genuinely concerned and wants to look at it first thing in the morning so I guess I'll go from there.

I'm kind of embarrassed by how shaken up I am, but, geez. Frightening!

Last edited by NerdKaiser; 01-10-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: higher res image