Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #1814
cuozc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107955
What I Drive: 2012 red Focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cuozc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogcarvalho View Post
Hello guys.

I usually access this forum on a daily basis to read this thread, and I wanted to make sure before posting this message in the board, but unfortunately I'm experiencing some weird issues with my transmission as well.

I own a 2012 Focus Hatchback, bought my car on May, 2012 and the build date is 24.04.2012. (How could I know which version I have on my DCT automatic transmission? Can anyone help me with this? Much appreciated.)

While driving my car and applying the brakes before a turn, usually after finishing the turn and giving gas to the car again, I hear some weird sounds coming from under the hood, sounding like gears/metal scratching each other. Another situation that it usually happens is when I apply the breaks before traffic light, and I turns green before I come to a full stop, so when I start giving gas to the car again I hear the same sound. I'm positive that this issue is related with the transmission.

The same does not happen (or maybe I haven't noticed the sound until today) when I drive on the S mode though.

I don't drive that much, my car only has 3500 miles. I live very close to my work, so my commute is very small.

It's really frustrating owning a brand new car and hear some weird noises coming from the hood. I've never experienced that before on my life.

I really hope that I can get this problem fixed, because I decided to buy a Ford instead of a Honda to support an American company.

While doing a research yesterday, I found this website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/

On this website we can check all the TSBs and Recalls related to any car. Maybe it can be useful to anyone.

And while searching for issues related to a 2012 Ford Focus, I found this document: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...45086-3565.pdf

I'm planning on asking my dealer to fix my problem, and show him this document. I'm not an expert on cars, neither on the laws (I'm a legal immigrant and tax payer living in the US), so any advice would be very appreciated.

I wish all you guys good luck.

All the best.
Maybe you have done so. Bring your car to your dealership. I suspect its the malfunction of the clutch. Mine did produce very light, yet noticeable grinding noise before I took it in. The dealer replaced the seal and whole clutch. Turned out, they did find a oil leak to the clutch.