Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Lucky I guess? 50K+ never been in the shop for repair, Focus performs perfectly.
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
2012Tuxedo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95249
What I Drive: 2012 Black sedan

FF Reputation: 1 2012Tuxedo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lucky I guess? 50K+ never been in the shop for repair, Focus performs perfectly.

I have notived a lot of unhappy 2012 owners, people with all kinds of complaints, issues, repairs, etc. I bought a 2012, manufactured on March 2011, I purchased it with 7,900 miles last December. One year later I have 50,500 miles on the car, Its never been in the shop for repair, just when it has an accident last year, its first shop visit for repair will be in the next couple weeks for alignment, this is due to many many miles on pitiful louisiana roads that threatened to vibrate the little car to death. i have changed my own oil (synthetic only) Other than a couple odd noises now and then the drives perfectly.

I suppose I skipped the transmission trouble because I have the 5-speed, but im not easy on a vehicle, the car has been down rough roads, been driven hard at times, and been on the highway at least 5 days a week many times 7. Its been through several states and through my mother in laws fight with cance it went 266 miles one way from my house to my in laws many many times.

Overall I have not a single complaint, my 2012 Focus has performed reliably day in a day out no matter how many miles I had to cover in it. I feel the car is getting a bad rap from the people complaining and wanting to trade, I just want people to know that they arent all bad cars. I got a jewel, Its never let me down. I havent had any issue with the car.

1968 Ford Mustang coupe -Project