Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help me make a How To on Making Your Own Wiring Harness For Cruise Control (smart people with wiring diagrams apply within)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

Points 1,192, Level 18
Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18 Points: 1,192, Level: 18
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzx4 View Post
wondering if you guys could tell me if my cruise control buttons/switches gets power or is routed trough the factory stereo? I installed a aftermarket deck and lost cruise if i put the factory deck back in and get cruise back this has led me to believe that my cruise must be getting power from my factory deck if so is it possible to just cut that wire and power the cruise from another source any help would be great.
sounds more like you wired the stereo wrong because the power sources are totally separate. A $3 voltmeter can confirm power to the cruise system. The original radio has a vehicle speed input to provide dynamic volume and you probably wired the stereo wrong causing it to short. This will kill the cruise because this same circuit is used for cruise. Maybe get a wiring diagram on ebay for $10 and you will see every wire the two circuits have in common