Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - H&R Front sway bar too much?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUrivie View Post
yeah, I thinking it'll give me a little more handling. However, I'm not sure if it will hinder the handling characteristics than improve them.
Well how neutral is your handling now? Are you looking for more neutral, under/oversteer? If you have too much oversteer, then a larger front bar can help but might cause too much understeer if its too big tricky

Unless some one chimes in and says they have gone through both setups (along with the gaz/rs spring combo) that you are talking about and it was much improved, I'd say to pass on it. If it was as easy of an install as a rear sway bar, there would be no discussion needed as you would easily just swap one out and compare. Front sway bar is a pita to do, so if you dont like the results, you'd have to go through that process again. Unless you have access to a garage/lift, air tools and can get the work done easily.

It may be worth it if it does make an improvement but for me, I'd have a hard time justifying it for normal street use. If you start racing and need to fine tune your handling, then it might be something to try out.