Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Anyone tried E85 yet?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #47
enginjoe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105845
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 enginjoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I am here to say I have seen dozens of well tuned blown e85 engines , I have had in my hands fuel pumps that looked like they sat in water or a corrosive for years but had only seen e fuel for less then a year , I have seen it eat through rubber hoses not ment for e fuels
I have tuned with this fuel , I have seen the customer return with in 2 weeks and retest and have as much as -5 deg knock on his knock sensor because the e85 he bought the first time was a better quality then what he now had in the car , I have seen pistons burned with holes because of spark knock and know the timing was to the safe side

This isnt myth I have seen it and I feel I am a above avg tuner and tested with my own dynojet to test on , I am not here as some guy that has been told or my friends are doing it , I did it , I saw it , I have tested it

Tom
Sounds like below average tuning skills using it in the wrong applications to me.

What cars and what mods?

If you are talking n/a and/or older cars with rubber lines, etc., then I see why you are having trouble.

I've seen people blown their motors on every type of fuel. That's the life when you are modding your car.