Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Another One Bites The Dust
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #94
kb911
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91864
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE Hatch 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 kb911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
A former colleague of mine worked for the company that supplied the modules for those seat heaters and they were the cause of some of those fires. They found out about the flaw in the design through their own investigation and notified Chrysler of it. It d cost Chrysler an additional $1.50 per module to eliminate the potential problem.
Chrysler's response: No thanks given the 1 in 50,000 failure rate, we'll take our chances. True story.
yea I had a friend say something similar I couldn't believe it when they said it was my fault in some way it took me a better half of a yearwith fighting with Chrysler for them to replace the seat as it was charred my model was not included in the original recall regarding the laredo and overland because th limited was wrongfully marked with the wrong part number when you had the luxury package checked off with the attached leather