Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anyone tried E85 yet?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #45
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Why some, why not all applications ?

Show me one manufacture of E85 that advertises it as a performance fuel , one oil company ?? why is there no octane rating on the pumps , Why do they not test for water absorption , why is the fuels blended just before shipment , why is it the ONLY unregulated fuel or ethanol allowed by big brother , Do these questions not bother you or are you just going to go by what your friends car did sitting on a dyno and stand with that ??? ANSWER because it would NOT meet any minimum standards set or inforced by big brother , not the octane , not the moisture content , not minimum fuel standards etc etc

Everyone that wants to run this fuel please do so ,I am not trying to stop any one from using it . What I do want to do is stop the abortion (arrest of development (as of a part or process) resulting in imperfection) of people killing there engines , fuel pumps , fuel lines etc etc etc from reading post / forums of my friends dads daughters boyfriend used it and made 50 more hp by just adding e85 because they are not fully informed

To the guys that think its a wonder fuel and you like it and want to use it please do so

Tom
I never said it was marketed as a performance fuel, did I? The questions bother me a tiny bit, but not enough to religiously bash a fuel based on theoretical numbers alone vs actual real world testing and experience.

You don't kill engines, fuel pumps, fuel lines, etc if the car is set up for E85. I'm not promoting just throwing E85 in a car and tuning for it, I'm promoting its use on properly setup systems. I have multiple friends using it and it's not only dyno numbers that back up it's performance gains.

I appreciate your opinions and insight into the matter, I'm not trying to dismiss anything you say because you make some valid points and I appreciate the input. But I have yet to see first hand of anyone killing any major components just from running E85.