Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ignition cylinder locked up....drilling it....help
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
illflickthebean
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108255
What I Drive: 2001 Ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 illflickthebean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ignition cylinder locked up....drilling it....help

Hi,

I know you guys get this a ton, a new dude with a problem who needs help.....Im sorry. If its any consolation I'm active on a lot of internet forums and found your post about locked up ignition cylinders last night. Anyhow Ford Focus 01, Pulled up from work, got home changed to go work out and went to get in my car and the wheel was locked and my key wouldnt turn. Tried all the methods, jiggled the wheel, made sure it was in park, tapped the key...all the normal stuff. Called a buddy who is a mechanic and he said the ICs in these are junk and its locked up. Well my wheel was stright, and Im trying to avoid towing and the garage....im pretty handy around cars, so I read the tutorials all over the internet and started drilling.

The goal is to get the lock bar out, Im not finding a lock bar and I have the whole thing all but drilled out. Anyone who has an idea of where this lock bar is? I feel like im getting to a point in drilling where the whole thing should just let go and pop out....any advice at all would be great im stuck without a car.....and managed to also lose my wallet while drilling so this is turning out to be the week from hell.