WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
And there's nothing saying your car will suddenly crap out at any point in the future. I hope it works wonderfully for you in the future!

Either way, 7,700 miles is nothing...I did that in the first 3 months of ownership. Many of the people that are having big problems have also had their car 20k, 30k, or 40k miles already. Some problems immediately manifest themselves, while some hold out for quite awhile. We're just talking about our experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
yup...

For what it's worth - my clutch slipping didn't appear until 25k miles. I'm at 42k but I've given up on getting the dealers to fix it until spring/summer. I was tired of rotating through 3 dealers and arranging different ways to get to work 50 miles away just to be told "it's normal."

But I hope for your sake (WizeGuyDezignz) that your clutch is perfect and that never have to go through this.
Right, and couldn't any make or model have an issue at 25k miles, 40k miles, etc? Does every single Focus have a problem at those mileages? If so, you would hear more about it than on a Focus forum.

My transmission could go out tomorrow for all I know. Or maybe it will be fine for over 100k miles. Who knows is the point that I'm getting at.

But yes, I hope I never have to go through it!