Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What are the recommended brands for the Focus?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Miroudias
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108274
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus ZX5 2.0L (silver)

FF Reputation: 1 Miroudias Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What are the recommended brands for the Focus?

Right off the bat:
'04 Focus ZX5 2.0L w/ ~179k. (auto)

About me:
This is my first Ford and it was purchased about 6 months ago after my '94 Saturn SL decided to throw one of the shocks north through the wheel well. ('caused by swerving around a semi tire in the middle of the freeway.) I purchased the Focus because the price was good, it was owned by an anal retentive doctor, and fully maintained by Briarwood Ford in Saline, MI.

(As of right now I am talking w/ them to see if they will release the car's full service records to me as all of that information is under the original owners name.)

The point of the post:
Now, I know Saturn SLs and Nissan Zs like the back of my hand, but being my first Ford I thought I'd ask folks opinions regarding default brands/parts to either buy or plain out stay away from.

As of now my plan is to do the brakes, then the plugs, and then finally suspension. All in all, what are the default "go-to" good brands for the Focus? Any brands to stay away from 'cause they suck? (Example: Almost everyone always suggested nothing, but NGKs for the plugs.)

In addition, are there any little mods that absolutely have to be done?

The car is just a daily driver, so I am not worried about things like lowering kits, but think of it like I was a close friend, I had the money and told you to pick everything out for my stock car, what would you do?

Thank you in advance.