Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1799
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
I don't know if this applies to Ford USA or if it will even help you out or not PratoN, but, when I was getting my 48K (km's) service on Friday, my service manager has stated that FoMoCo Canada has told them very recently that any DCT complaints on any Focus still under warranty to just "do the job under TSB 11-12-13 regardless of the presence of oil or not". So far, everyone is happy, the dealer and Focus owners... LOL.
This is why I cannot fathom some dealers not wanting to do clutch replacements for their customers or wanting extensive proof of grinding noises (my dealer did the work with no pleading and little test drive evidence). Ford has given dealers the green light on this so it's $ in the dealers' pockets to do the work under warranty. Those who are still getting push back from dealers on clutch replacements should ask their dealers why they are refusing to do work under warranty approved by Ford (if that doesn't work I'd say dump the dealer and tell them why).