hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
its weird hearing all these stories of horrible customer service and horrible quality. my focus has a few faults but that is expected in a BRAND NEW MODEL with A FIRST YEAR PRODUCTION ON NEW TOOLING. I have taken mine back for a rattling headliner and a rattling passenger seat along with a wind noise issue with the microphone. Every time I have been treated extremely well with an explanation of the steps involved and the shop foreman speaking to me when the situation could not be duplicated the first time. Hell half the time the foreman would come up with a decision on his own as to why the part failed and would fix it with better results than the standard Ford Recommendation. Compared to what I went through with Chrysler I would buy another Ford in a heartbeat! A majority of complaints I see is with the DCT Transmission and honestly I am shocked at how many people buy a car and are oblivious to what they are buying it is an automated manual transmission with a dry clutch...there's a simple solution just buy a regular manual transmission car and reap the benefits or more durable usage, better gas mileage, longer service life, and the knowledge that regardless of fail it still can be used to drive to a garage or safe spot in order to be fixed. To those who say they do not want a manual transmission or have a leg problem that prevents them from doing so may I suggest the 2013 Ford Fusion?
Two small things: I've been treated with respect by the dealerships, but they've just been unhelpful and uninformative. They've said there was nothing wrong or that something I did caused the problems. The other thing is that I know exactly what a dual-clutch auto transmission should feel like...I've driven *many* cars that employ this technology. None drive or act the way it did in the Focus. I'm not just comparing a GT-R or high-performance Audi...I'm talking about a variety of cars. On top of it, the Focus drove *great* until the initial TCU update. Since that point, I couldn't stand it. I got it reflashed 3 or 4 times to no avail.

Also, when I purchased my Titanium there was no manual gearbox offered...and at the time they were saying they weren't even sure there would *be* one. In order to get the features I wanted I had to get the Titanium...so I was forced to also get the DCT. Most of the issues I can live with, but the thing dropping completely out of gear while traveling at 70mph down the highway in rush hour traffic with no way to get it back *into* gear besides shutting off the car and turning it back on? Priceless. Good thing the dealership couldn't replicate it and said "Maybe you popped it into Neutral", as if I were a 15 year old with my temporary permit and not someone with 10+ years of race experience driving cars more expensive than Ford's entire lineup combined.