Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Dart GT Undercuts Focus Titanium by $2k
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #25
miuzi05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106045
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE Sedan 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 miuzi05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
At a more basic trimline than the GT/Ti debate here, I would far prefer my Focus SE to a comparable Dart. I wanted something small and spirited, and well-equipped at a reasonable price. An SE Focus still comes very well equipped. I want for nothing in my car, besides a sub. To my eyes, a base Dart looks frumpy and big compared to my Focus. I just wouldn't feel as good driving one. And, according to the Dodge.ca build/price tool, I pay less per month for my Focus SE that I bought in October than a completely base (besides the $450 addition of bluetooth to approximate Sync) Dart SE. 0% financing is a wonderful thing.

Once options and engines start being thrown into the mix, my price range is quickly surpassed, so it's all a moot point. Car and Driver compared a Focus SE equipped identically to mine, besides the addition of rims, to a Dart with the 1.6l turbo, and the Focus came out on top. It was faster too, if my memory serves me. The Focus is a great package regardless of how it is equipped.