Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Dart GT Undercuts Focus Titanium by $2k
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Funny that Autoblog would make as basic a mistake as calling it a GT, it's an R/T.

I was patiently waiting for the R/T to be released and something definitive on the SRT. The R/T still isn't released and there is no word on when the SRT might arrive. I got tired of waiting and bought a ST.

I also have a 12 Focus SEL and I have test driven a Dart Ralley with the 1.4 turbo and 6 spd stick.

The 1.4 has 184 ft-lbs of torque and should have a definite performance advantage over our SEL with the DCT but it doesn't, my butt dyno says it is the same and this is supported by the tests I have seen.

From a handling standpoint they are the same, the tests I have seen say the Dart is a better handler than the Focus. There is a lot of roads that are in bad shape around where I live so the suspensions ability to deal with it is important to me. Both cars deal equally well with bad pavement.

The Dart feels roomier than the Focus and infact it is, the EPA classifies it as a mid size. The trunk is also bigger than the Focus sedan.