Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 17x9 wheels
Thread: 17x9 wheels
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 14,754, Level 78
Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
why do you have to go low to run a 17x8? im on factory SVT springs and had/have no problem. optimal offset for a 8 inch wide wheel would be between 41mm and 43mm. that would put the wheel as close to the inner shock as possible without rubbing the shock and it would come close to tucking it in the fenders. it still wouldnt quite tuck under the fenders though which means you would still rub a bit when you hit a bump really good. a slight rolling of the fenders would probably solve that. i just finished doing a fair bit of research into this subject because i am looking for wider wheels for better traction.

the cobra wheels you saw rolling around were likely factory 5 spoke SVT focus wheels. they are 17x7 et 45 i think.

think of offset like this. the lower the number the more the tire is going to stick out of the fender wells. the higher the number the more the wheel is going to be tucked up inside the fenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!