Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #1787
cuozc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107955
What I Drive: 2012 red Focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cuozc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Apparently, it is. My Focus vibrates and shudders more than any car I've ever owned. And I've owned some real junkers in my day.

Funny thing is, it didn't vibrate and shudder until after a Ford dealership worked on it.

But Ford doesn't care... they 'fixed it', so they now feel entitled to dismiss my concerns and label me a crank.

A couple words of advice to anyone considering contacting Ford 'customer service' on this forum: don't bother. Worse than a waste of time for me... it's been an insulting and frustrating waste of time. They are more interested in keeping dealerships from making 'unnecessary' warranty repairs than in making customers happy.
sorry to hear your experience, man.

From what I read, it varies from dealership to dealership. I guess I am lucky that I did not complain at all. Actually, I did not really have a problem with the clutch. I thought it would be just an update thing. Yet, the dealer took the whole thing apart and found no leak, but a crack on the clutch. So, they decided to replace it. I am waiting for the car now, and hoping that it will make it better (though it was already smooth before).