Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #1786
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Hey Dan50 - thanks for response. Well here's what happened: I was on a slight incline and I was at less than 3k rpm (I was in 5th gear I believe) and when I put it into sport mode it nearly redlined when it downshifted.. then it auto-shifted up to protect itself like you said. It has never nearly redlined (when put to sport mode) like this before - I've gone to sport mode on an incline previously and it didn't rev nearly that high, maybe 6k rpm at the most.
That is a bit odd as the upshift was the transmission correcting itself for the downshift. Well, they say self-awareness is a virtue though I'm not sure that applies to DCTs.

There have been reports here of DCTs doing odd things, but they usually only happen once or go away when the car is restarted. I guess I wouldn't worry about it, but if it occurs again it might be worth a trip to the dealer. At least you'll get a blank stare from the service writer for your trouble...