Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #1784
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
It can't be a March 2012 build and be a 2013 MY, 2013 MY builds didn't start until on or after 7/23/12.

If you floor the accelerator it will repeatedly wind out to 6500 rpm or so, although that's less economical than shifting sooner than this.

Its probably ok, the four cylinder engine does shake a touch and it can be felt through the firewall and the pedal assemblies at times. Sometimes higher octane fuels can smooth it out a bit.

First oil change is up to you, you've already passed 1000 miles, some people do their first change before then, others wait until 5000, just change it before 10k miles or 1 year if you want to keep it within the owner's guide to maintain the warranty.
Hey Suss6052 - thanks for response. Well, it's definitely a 2013 so I must be mistaken about the build date. Where can I find the build date - on the window sticker? And when would you change the oil for first time base on my driving habits I described (I drive it pretty hard imo). Thanks.