View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #90
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I was just informed of this thread and wanted to chime in a bit to clarify a few things and present the messages that were sent to me via PM thus far.

Since neither FF nor myself profit from these GBs I'm going to be a neutral party and assess the situation fairly.

1) Chaos09 (Josh) approached me a while back asking me if it was okay to setup a few group buys for the MK3 folks. My response to him was; as long as he can source out great prices for our community I'd be more than happy to approve his Group Buys.

2) With this GB specifically, I was told by Chaos09 that his cost was $90 shipped for each mid-wing. The $10 he is charging on top was to cover his cost for time, gas & packaging materials associated with re-packing them into smaller containers and sending it out to everyone. I assume this is due to him receiving a large container with all the wings inside and requiring them be repackaged before sending. If this is the case then the additional $10 charge would have been justified. He also stated that the shipping fees would vary depending on the location of each buyer.

3) Based on the PMs I've received from the other party, you can also buy this wing for $110 ($107+PayPal fees) shipped from JCSportline, whereas Chaos09 got the same mid-wing for $90 shipped by purchasing in larger volumes. The only thing that wasn't accounted for is the extra shipping cost associated with Chaos09 sending the items to the individual buyers from the GB.

So the bottom line from this point is you can opt to buy directly from JCSportline for $110 shipped from China or through Chaos09 at $100+shipping from KY.