Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cruze Takes Top Spot in August
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,206, Level 19
Points: 1,206, Level: 19 Points: 1,206, Level: 19 Points: 1,206, Level: 19
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddavis View Post
Do the numbers include rental fleet sales?

I happened to get a Cruze (as well as an Elantra) during my holiday travels. Both of them reassured me of my choice of the Focus. I did see a number of other Cruzes on the rental lot, but didn't spot a Focus. (A few years back, I did get a Focus from the same agency.)
I have no idea where those sale figures came from, but it would seem logical to me that since we're talking unit sales, the numbers shouldn't exclude one type of sales channel versus another. Then again, that's my logic...for what that's worth.

I haven't driven the Cruze and to be real honest, it was never even a consideration when I bought my Focus in late November. The only serious considerations were the Jetta TDI, Mazda3 with Skyactiv, Buick Verano and Nissan Altima. Even though all these cars are roughly in the same class/pricing category, to me the Cruze just doesn't seem to measure up. From appearances alone, the Cruze didn't even strike me as a car worth considering. I realize of course this is a personal thing and for some, the Focus may appear to be too boy racer...wanna be WRC....whatever. However if I had to choose a word to describe the Cruze it would be: Bland.