Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #1780
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Also I have noticed that the gas pedal vibrates a bit more now than when it was brand new. Also, I drive fairly hard, but do what I can to drive normal/save gas.

Other than that (the weird shift, and the more vibrations) I haven't experienced any significant problems.

Does anyone think I should bring it into a dealership to get it checked out or am I probably okay? Should I try reseting my "shifting strategy", or whatever, that you all were talking about?

And (off-topic) when should my first oil change be?

Thanks.
I don't have the shift issue but my engine does vibrate more at 10k then when new. I took it in and they were going to look at my engine mounts until they decided the vibration was due to the clutches. It wasn't. It vibrates around 1800-2000 rpm, right where I am during most of my commute.

The dealer probably won't do much ("it's normal") but take it in anyway. Can't hurt.

I'd change your factory fill of oil now. Looks like you had a good break in period and now's a good time to get all the metals outta there.