Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1779
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,574, Level 65
Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Hello all,
I have a 2013 DCT and that was buit in March 2012. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any of the issues in this model.
I have put 1800 miles on it in the first three weeks (brand new car). A couple of times it has done a couple weird auto-shifts when I was in sport mode: once when I put it into sport mode it reved up to almost redline (instead of 5-6k RPM, at most, like it normally does. I was on a bit of an incline but it was still really weird. Also I have noticed that the gas pedal vibrates a bit more now than when it was brand new. Also, I drive fairly hard, but do what I can to drive normal/save gas.

Other than that (the weird shift, and the more vibrations) I haven't experienced any significant problems.

Does anyone think I should bring it into a dealership to get it checked out or am I probably okay? Should I try reseting my "shifting strategy", or whatever, that you all were talking about?

And (off-topic) when should my first oil change be?

Thanks.
It can't be a March 2012 build and be a 2013 MY, 2013 MY builds didn't start until on or after 7/23/12.

If you floor the accelerator it will repeatedly wind out to 6500 rpm or so, although that's less economical than shifting sooner than this.

Its probably ok, the four cylinder engine does shake a touch and it can be felt through the firewall and the pedal assemblies at times. Sometimes higher octane fuels can smooth it out a bit.

First oil change is up to you, you've already passed 1000 miles, some people do their first change before then, others wait until 5000, just change it before 10k miles or 1 year if you want to keep it within the owner's guide to maintain the warranty.