Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cruze Takes Top Spot in August
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #24
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,210, Level 51
Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Please show where there was ANY case of a customers Focus DCT "blowing up" as you state. Even for those that have had issues, not once was it due to the transmission having any problems, it was either the clutch actuators or clutch slippage (chatter) due to faulty leaking seals.... nothing more (the clutch is seperate from the transmission, just like a covential manual) Even then, the clutches didn't "blow up" as you suggest. Yes, it's still a "black eye" for Ford, but, lets not blow things out of proportion here... I'd still choose the PS6DCT anyday over the old tech MTX75 manual transmission. So would many others.
Mostly agreed. However I don't think all cases of slippage, chatter, shuddering etc. are due to leaky seals. I had slippage and shudder, the latter of which came and went a couple times, and I was told I did not have leaky seals. I think the software itself 'learns' itself into a box in some cases and an update (e.g. 132B37) or just some hard driving fixes most of those cases.