Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cruze Takes Top Spot in August
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
The Focus was dogged HARD by the world for MFT, maybe some rattles, and the DCT blowing up, including lashings from the infamous Consumer Reports. The '13 is very improved in those respects (including MFT that magazines still bash) however the damage is done, and judging by what people on here experienced, I think it is well deserved. Most people will prefer a bland econobox with an ancient but reliable transmission over the risky DCT, and thats the end of that. It will take until the end of this Focus's generation for Ford to gain some reputation back for reliability. I dont blame anyone for skipping this car worried about the DCT blowing up.

Also, bear in mind that it is damn near impossible to topple the sales leaders from Japan. they could slap a Civic badge on a dump truck and people would buy them in droves.

Be a man and get the manual Focus. No transmission problems.
Please show where there was ANY case of a customers Focus DCT "blowing up" as you state. Even for those that have had issues, not once was it due to the transmission having any problems, it was either the clutch actuators or clutch slippage (chatter) due to faulty leaking seals.... nothing more (the clutch is seperate from the transmission, just like a covential manual) Even then, the clutches didn't "blow up" as you suggest. Yes, it's still a "black eye" for Ford, but, lets not blow things out of proportion here... I'd still choose the PS6DCT anyday over the old tech MTX75 manual transmission. So would many others.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)