dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
For the first year I had no problems at all.

SO, do you still think I should be pursuing a lemon law claim? On a car that's almost two years old and now has 45,000 miles on it? I can get a lemon law claim on this? And again, I had little trouble with the car for the first 15 months of ownership. Most of my troubles started with the dealership service department, not the factory.

Something that baffles me is people who post on forums like they know what the best course of action is for people, when they know little to nothing about that person's situation.

Since I can't file a lemon law claim, are you going to stop suggesting I'm an idiot for not doing so?
Lemon Laws vary by state, but typically are only good for the first 12 months/12,000 miles and generally have words like "...a nonconformity that substantially impairs the use, market value or safety of the vehicle..." or "the vehicle has been out of service more than 30 days". The intent of Lemon Laws was to help consumers if they got a car which didn't work, not with a car that didn't behave perfectly.

The things we rightly complain about in this forum are probably not Lemon Law issues. Driveability issues like DCT clutch chatter or grinding may not "substantially impair the use" (it still gets you there) and Ford will maintain it's a characteristic of the technology so not a "nonconformity" anyway. MFT bugs wouldn't meet the "substantially" criteria. Front suspension clunks probably won't either.

Now some have had their cars out of service for more than 30 days, which should easily qualify, but most here are probably out of luck. If you car has problems, keep working with the service department. If that doesn't work, appeal to Ford. If that doesn't work, appeal to the dealer. If that doesn't work, live with it or trade it. And if you think Ford has sold you a bill of goods with the Focus remember the old adage: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."