hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Chum at least you attempted a lemon claim, so nobody could claim that you didn't try. As for the rest of you guys, who claim that you'd be willing to take a loss and do anything to get rid of your nightmare car, why haven't you filed a lemon claim? I just don't get it. You guys lament about how terrible Ford is and how your car is making you miserable and yet so many just decide to either trade-in at a loss or do nothing and remain miserable, but most of you have never even pursued a lemon claim. Honestly it baffles me.

Here's my story. In 2000 I bought a brand new sedan. I brought the car home and within the first week I began having problems. In fact, the car left me stranded and wouldn't start within the first 100 miles of ownership. There were a few issues, but all of them had to do with electrical. Bottom line, just like the rest of you guys I was fed up from being fed up and after about 12 visits to 3 different dealers I said, "Enough!" and filed a lemon claim. I hired an attorney who only handles lemon law cases and guess what happened? I got ALL OF MY MONEY BACK! Instead of me taking a $3000, $4000 or $5000 loss or rolling negative equity into my new car. I was refunded my downpayment: $1,500. + total of car payments (23): $11,500 + parts/service charges: $389 + tax/title/registration: $2,100 = GRAND TOTAL REFUNDED $15,489. With a portion of that money I upgraded and bought a much nicer car. The rest of the money I put in my savings account. End of story.

Here's the best part. The amount I paid my attorney........wait for it............NOTHING! Zip, zilch, zero nada! $0.00 So now, having explained all that, maybe you can understand why I find it so hard to understand why people who bitch and complain so much would be willing to accept a financial loss when they can solve their problem and at the same time turn a loss in to a financial gain. Then again as the old saying goes: " A fool and his money are soon parted." But hey....to each his own I guess.
We're all glad it worked out for you, but I think you should refrain from using any more "old sayings". You know nothing about any of the situations people on this forum are in, regardless of what they post here. Acting like you do makes *you* look foolish, not the other way around. Please don't disrespect other users because you think they should have done something differently.

For some of us, paying any amount of money to get rid of a problem is better than keeping the problem around and hoping it works out. Maybe we're better-off, financially, or maybe we're just more fickle with our expenditures, but it's not your position to judge. If I have to throw away $5k just to no longer deal with a problem I've been dealing with for a year and half...I'm fine with it. I've dealt with Ford since the beginning, and outside of Lemon Law the only possibility is their arbitration, since in some states it's not illegal to force customers to sign for arbitration clauses.

Point being: You know nothing about our situations. Don't patronize people on this forum by explaining what worked for you as if it were the perfect fit for everyone.

pozi240: His passive "old saying" quote subtly made the point that Ford goes after us because we're fools and they know they can make money easily.