hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
People having problems with their car which Ford has been unsuccessful in repairing is not hard to comprehend. What is hard to comprehend are people who are willing to take the financial loss, instead of filing a lemon law claim to have their car replaced or their money refunded. It has never made much sense to me why people would accept a financial loss of potentially thousands of dollars versus having that money refunded to them through a lemon law claim.

Seems to me there must be a lot of people who are uninformed about their rights and incorrectly assume that hiring a lemon law attorney will cost them money.

You complain that Ford doesn't care about their customers. Well...I don't personally believe that, but you're welcome to think that if you like. However, I will say that people who decide to "bite the bullet" aren't helping matters either by going the trade-in route either. Why? When a person trades their car in all the problems and previous service history is swept under the carpet, so to speak and the problems get passed on to the new owner eventually. In the meantime, an opportunity to have the car repurchased under the lemon law has been missed. Think of it this way, not every car qualifies under the Lemon Law, but if every person who did qualify to file a claim traded their car instead, how would Ford ever know the extent of the problems that exist with their cars? See my point? On the other hand...if everyone who did qualify filed a Lemon Law claim instead, can you imagine the reaction from Ford? Not only would they be forced to repurchase all those automobiles, but at that point they'd be forced to deal with the problems. Anybody remember the Ford Pinto with the exploding gas tank? GM had a similar problem with the side saddle gas tanks on certain trucks sold under the GMC and Chevy name. Eventually all the lawsuits put both Ford and GM in a position where they had to reengineer and replace those faulty gas tanks. Same could happen with the Ford Focus.

I'm not an attorney, nor am I a litigous person, but I do believe that a remedy exists (lemon law) that many people simply aren't using. So again getting back to my earlier point, it's not hard to comprehend that there are lots of people who are unhappy with their cars, but rather it's the people who choose to walk away and take it in the shorts financially instead of using the process that exists to help such people. That I do find hard to comprehend.
The problem with that is that many of us that are having problems have had our cars far more than a year. I had mine for 18 months (bought and received in the beginning of April, 2011), so the lemon law does not apply. The car wasn't in the shop the specified number of times or amount of days within the first year.

Do you really think we're all that stupid to miss something like getting all of our money back? The original members of this section of the forum have been here for 18-20+ months.

I agree that Ford won't do anything as long as we don't bring it to their attention, but most of us have been bringing it to their attention since the beginning. Ford just ignores everything we do. Many of us have filled out BBB complaints, federal complaints, complaints with Ford, complaints to dealerships, etc... and Ford just ignores it all.