Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Advice on a Turbo Kit
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
pfcrussian
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55782
What I Drive: 2001 yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 pfcrussian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Advice on a Turbo Kit

Hello Everyone,

Need some help.

Looking to resurrect my '01 zx3 and what better way to do so then to give it a turbo set up.

Havent driven a car in a couple of years, missed it way too much and now that i am almost done with school and starting to have some good money flowing in, I am wanting to get my toy running again.

I currently have a built zetec engine. Got J&E pistons, Eagle Rods, custom headers (would probably replace), 2.5" exhaust, JR supercharger on it with an underdrive pulley (12psi). Long story short - the motor was built to withstand up to 30psi! I would probably have a few things looked over and swapped since its been sitting around for so long. But thats it for the back story

Now. I am wanting to get a turbo kit. Obviously bc it gives more power than a supercharger( I am at 190WHP now) and maybe even raise my MPG a tad (sitting at 20 now). Looking to run about 15-20 psi. Id LIKE to get approx 300WHP from it. Dont know too much about turbo so I need help picking one out. Id like to spend less than $5k for the whole thing. Any advice? What all would I need component wise?

Thanks for all your help!