kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I don't think so. It seems to me as if Ford customer service tells the dealership not to repair anything because they won't be paid if they do.

Then the dealership says "cannot duplicate customer complaint", even if they know there is a problem... if they won't get paid to fix it, they'll just deny that the problem exists. Can't blame them for that, I guess.

Then they leave it to Ford's customer service representatives to deal with the angry customers. I suppose it's cheaper to pay a few punching bags than it is to fix hundreds or thousands of cars.
This is not universal. My dealer has always been great, on my Taurus, Explorer, and now this car. All I did was complain about some slipping while accelerating, which they could have easily said was normal, but they called and said they were replacing the clutches under 11-12-13 due to improper disengagement (no seal leakage). The only thing I can think of is that it's a huge dealer with a huge service department and maybe because of economies of scale, lower overhead per unit, or they have several transmission experts on staff, and that allows them to do the clutch replacement for what Ford is willing to pay. Whereas smaller dealers may not have the expertise with the unit yet or overhead per unit is high and they're not willing to take the risk on the repair.