Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus on Steroids: 2013 Ford Escape 2.0L EcoBoost 4WD Tested
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
If only they offered it in a manual. They are sharp looking crossovers though, that's for sure.
+1 I'd seriously consider the Escape as my utility vehicle if I could get a 6 spd manual.

My hopes rest in the CX-5 eventually getting the Sky-D so I can tow our enclosed bike trailer. If Mazda never gives us the diesel CX-5 then it'll be a Focus ST or Fiesta ST for me and just resolve to tow 1 bike at a time on my flatbed trailer, and continue to borrow my Dad's Explorer to haul the big trailer. (And no I am not at all thrilled with the damn center exhaust forcing me to custom weld my own hitch!)

The Fiesta ST could be an awesome cheap option and be more capable of towing a bike on my flatbed trailer than my current SVTF. Just need to figure out if the Fiesta is "too tiny" for my normal hauling duties.

Courtney, congrats on the awesome new Escape, I'm jealous of the Cayman S! If I ever give up the Mazdaspeed Miata it would be for the Cayman S!

My current "tow rig"