Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Legal Question
Thread: Legal Question
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

Points 873, Level 15
Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15 Points: 873, Level: 15
Level Up 73% Completed
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just as a heads up check your windows first! My SVTF had tint on it when I bought it. Was supposed to be "legal 35% tint". But the PO failed to notice that the stock windows had a very light 7% built into the glass, so when I had it checked by an MD state trooper the little box read 28% (35% tint plus the slight tint on the glass only let 28% light through) So I could not get the car registered without yanking all the tinting off.

There's usually a tiny etching somewhere on the window that says the stock glass. If not get it checked by a trooper, cause the Tint shops will just sell the "max legal tint" which may be fine if your glass is perfectly clear, but it's not uncommon for stock windows to have a very slight amount of tint.

Of course I kinda doubt you'd get pulled over for it, I mainly had problems because I was trying to get it inspected & registered.

Just a heads up if you ever have a cop check it and it comes back as "not legal" even if the tint you were sold was "legal"