Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #68
chief901
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86140
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 chief901 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief901 View Post
I took mine in on 12/13 for the 3rd time. I explained that the clutch would shudder when starting off, and then after driving about 20 miles highway, or stop and go driving, the clutch would shudder and then slip.

They had the car over the weekend and on Wednesday 12/19 they said my problen had been fixed. The service writer said thay had applied the latest software update and the service tech had driven the car, everything was OK. I explained that software would not repair a slipping clutch, but he said take it and drive it and if it acts up again to return.

The next day I drove to the next town (18 miles away) and upon beginning my return trip, the car began to shudder at take-off. I drove back and went straight to the dealer, and parked it in the service entrance. I entered and advised the service writer that it was shuddering and slipping. He advised the service manager, and told me that the service manager and tech would take it out for a drive to see what was happening.

As they started to take-off from the service entrance, the car shuddered and then the clutch slipped completely not allowing the car to move. They can back in and said they would find a true fix and then gave me a new loaner car.

I returned the followng morning and gave them a copy of the service ticket in this thread that had fixed the problem. I think they have a better understanding of the problem now that they experienced how severe the problem can be.

Thanks for the info.
They got authorization from Ford to replace the "Clutch-Pack", oil seals and actuators. They replaced those parts and car has the same problem.

A Ford Technical Rep has been called to come in and advise on next step. The Dealer wants to replace the entire Transmission. I still have the loaner, but no fix for my car yet.