Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #263
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,219, Level 35
Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Cory, as an FYI for your technical advisor: my DCT doesn't make a grinding noise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My dealers said "It's a characteristic of the transmission." But then that begs the question - why doesn't it chatter when shifting into odd gears?...
I forwarded these details to my tech adviser, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
...The noise may be disconcerting but there is no direct evidence that suggests it is harmful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
...My transmission has been driven for almost 4000 miles, it had 6 miles when I bought it, and apart from "the noise" has remained very smooth...From what I know, the noise is said to be harmless...
Kabigon & unfocused1,

I want to make sure this is reviewed with your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your VIN, full name, best daytime phone number, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
Its funny you say that, because mine still shifts hard, loses power, and grinds between 2-3., but only when its warm outside...
I shot you another PM, sdwcam01; please see your inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agamben0 View Post
Cory did a great job in responding to me and getting a CSM to talk to me about my grinding problem. For that I am quite grateful...

She did however say that she would get my closest dealer to contact me... which they did a day later, I was busy and missed the call, and they didn't leave a message...
agamben0,

Thanks for the shout-out. I want the confidence in your ride to be restored, so I sent a note to Mary and PMd you with the follow-up info.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply