Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Low MPG on new 2012 Titanium Hatch
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #145
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99323
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titianum

Points 42, Level 1
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Tra1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The little bit of extra room and some of the better stuff that came with it and the sporty look. I only did so after seeing the 2012 window sticker was only one or two MPG less then the Fiesta's window sticker was in 2011. To be totally honest with you, I drove the fiesta like a go-cart. I expected a drop in fuel mileage, just not this much. Looking a Fueleconomy.gov I don't understand why half the cars perform well and half perform poor. Seems like with the cruse control on with similar cars the results should be similar with in a few MPG's, not ten MPG. If I got 38 mpg on the highway I would have a celebration. Remember Min. speed on Michigan interstates is 55 MPH and you would be ran over at that speed. I heard the new escape's are getting my mileage and are AWD and bigger. This just frustrates me. I 'll Just wait to see if the dealer finds something out. Probably won't find anything, but at least they and I tried. And They also gave me a loaner a while back and for two days, Computer said it was getting better mileage they my car, but I didn't have it long enough to really see if it stayed like that.

Thanks for the input. I will have to look at my rpm's the next time I'm on the highway to see what they are, so at 70 mph I should be around 2600 on the tac.
Moonroof, Sony MFT, siriusxm